Goods Return Policy
At Printz Plumbing & Appliances we believe in a philosophy that is fair and reasonable. We will always endeavour to make the customer happy, but in some circumstances however, a full refund is not possible.
Examples of this include but not limited to:
- Where we have manufactured a specific part/surround to order
- We have ordered an item from a manufacturer and they will not accept a return
- Where a manufacturer charges Printz Plumbing & Appliances a restocking fee for returns
- Where we have incurred transport charges
Each manufacturer has their own specific product warranty and conditions. These are usually found in the customer instruction booklet and if lost can be found on the manufacturers’ website.
It should be noted that in the case of fully installed appliances, most manufacturers’ have a clause that allows them (at their discretion) to repair an appliance rather than replace it. This process is independent of Printz Plumbing & Appliances and whilst sometimes frustrating, is totally out of our control.
Should you require warranty work on an appliance each manufacturer has a different process and we are guided by their requirements.
Australian Consumer Law (As designated by the ACCC)
- We are not required to provide a refund or replacement if you change your mind.
- You can choose a refund or exchange if an item has a major problem. This is when the item:
- Has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying the item if they had known about it
- Is unsafe
- Is significantly different from the sample or description
- Doesn’t do what we said it would, or what you asked for and can’t be easily fixed
- Alternatively, you can choose to keep the item and we will compensate you for any drop in value.
- If the problem is not major, we will repair the item within a reasonable time. If it is not repaired in a reasonable time you can choose a refund or replacement.
- In all cases, please keep your proof of purchase and in the case of installed items, your compliance Certificate will also be required for manufacturer’s warranty.
Your privacy is important to Fasom Pty Ltd (ABN 44 154 481 991) and this policy governs our collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used by us. By visiting our website or providing us with your personal information, you consent to your personal information being collected, stored, used and disclosed as set out in this policy or as otherwise disclosed by us at the time of collection.
We may update this policy from time to time. You can find the most current version on our website.
What kinds of personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect and hold will depend on the nature of your interaction with us, but may include the following types of information:
- name, physical address and contact information such as phone numbers and email addresses;
- your interest in our products and services, and your purchase / service history;
- credit card details if you make or may make a commercial transaction with us;
- in addition, if you are a plumber or installer:
- the qualifications and licences you hold;
- the company or business you work for.
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you via our websites, the telephone, in writing or email; and/or
- indirectly from third parties, if necessary. For example, our sub-contractors may provide us with information about you for the purpose of obtaining our products or services.
We may also collect personal information from publicly available sources.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the personal information we collect for the purposes for which it was provided, for other related purposes, and as otherwise permitted or required by law. In particular, we may use your personal information to:
- provide the products or services you have requested;
- respond to your enquiries;
- process sale transactions;
- provide you with information about our events or our products and services that may interest you, and more generally, to maintain our relationship with you;
- send promotional offers and marketing material to you;
- plan our product and service development;
- manage warranty claims;
- enhance your experience of our websites, and make these websites easier for you to use; and
- otherwise facilitate our business operations and processes.
You do not have to provide personal information to us if you do not wish to, but if you do not provide all the information we request, it may affect our ability to provide you with our products and services and with information about them.
What are your obligations when you provide personal information of others?
You must not provide us with personal information (including any sensitive information) about any other individual unless you have the express consent of that individual to do so. If you do provide us with such information about another individual, before doing so, you:
- warrant that you have that individual’s consent to provide their information to us.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
Generally, we will obtain your consent before it discloses any personal information other than as specified in this policy. Consent may be given expressly or it may be implied.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our directors, officers and employees, for the purpose of our business and marketing purposes only;
- third party contractors and service providers that we use or interact with in the course of our business to assist with the delivery of our products and services;
- if you are an end user of our products or services; and
- our external service providers and advisers who have been engaged to provide us with legal, administrative, financial, insurance, marketing, support or other services.
We reserve the right to disclose any personal information to law enforcement or other government officials where we reasonably believe that this may be necessary or appropriate.
We will never sell, trade, lease or rent your personal information to third parties.
Direct marketing and how to opt out
As set out above, we may use your personal information to send you information about our products and services, as well as promotional offers and other marketing material. However, if you prefer not to receive this information from us, you can opt out by contacting our Privacy Officer using the contact details below.
Online privacy and security
The type of information we require online depends on how you wish to use our websites. It is possible for you to visit our websites without telling us who you are.
In addition, whenever a page is accessed over the web, our websites record the time, date and URL (Uniform Resource Locater – global address on the WWW) of the request. This information cannot uniquely identify user information. It allows us to improve our service to you and to other customers as a whole. For example, we compile statistics that show the daily number of visitors to our sites, the daily requests we receive for particular files on our websites, and what countries those requests come from. These aggregated statistics are used internally to better provide services to our customers.
Our commitment to data security
We take the security of your personal information seriously. We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold, whether in electronic or other form, from:
- misuse, interference and loss; and
- unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We will also take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information it holds if it is no longer needed for our business purposes and it is permissible by law to do so.
Access to your personal information
If you wish to gain access to your personal information, or you would like us to correct or update it, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details below. We may charge you a fee where access to your personal information is provided.
Your complaint will be reviewed by our Privacy Officer, who will investigate the issue and determine the steps that we will take to resolve your complaint. We will contact you if it requires any further information from you and will notify you in writing of the outcome of the investigation.
If you are not satisfied with our determination, you can contact us to discuss your concerns or contact the Australian Information Commissioner through its website at www.oaic.gov.au.
This website and its contents are provided by Fasom Pty Ltd (Printz Plumbing) for general informational purposes only and are not a substitute for professional advice. While we make every effort to ensure that the information contained in this website is up-to-date and correct at the time of publishing it must be remembered that:
- Product designs, functions and specifications are constantly changing and the information on this website may be out of date, inaccurate or incomplete when you access it.
- This is not necessarily a concise website and it cannot cover every conceivable situation
that might arise.
- No matter how much one can learn from reading the information in this website, there is no substitute for the training and experience of a qualified plumber or relevant tradesperson or hydraulic designer, and we recommend that you seek the advice of such a professional before making your product choice.
The use of this website and the information contained within it is at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Printz Plumbing excludes all liability for loss or damage of any kind relating to this website